- The business acknowledges that its activity, in the sourcing and distribution of retail products, means that it is part of one of the biggest sectors of polluters and is thus required to play its part in a solution.
- The business is putting together a sustainability plan in response to the UK government's 2050 Net Zero 2050 pledge. This will be in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals and will include a review of all ESG practices.
- As part of this the business is committed to reduce its carbon footprint and will start by creating a baseline of its scope 1 & 2 emissions.
- A review of materials (in terms of both product and packaging) will target a reduction and elimination of single use plastics and non-recyclable materials.
- The business will also look at its social impact by increasing stakeholder engagement to ensure its products create a holistic positive impact.
- This will work in line with the work already started in the anti-slavery statement which will continue to be expanded to provide greater visibility of the supply chain.
- Finally, the business will look to formalise its commitment to charitable causes by setting up a regular annual monetary donation to cement its founding purpose of improving lives.
- We will commit to posting annual updates on our progress publicly in this location.